Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas has come and gone

Well, I'm tackling the last thing on my to-do list today ----write on this blog.  I've let it go by the wayside but it's easy enough to catch up again.  It's almost 3 pm and I just finished a fun jigsaw puzzle.  I'm glad too, because I have a tendency (like I know many folks do) to get hooked on working them and letting other things slide.
My granddaughter, Catie, came up last Saturday and we went out for Mexican  dinner with Jenni, Wayne, Hunter, his girl friend, Haley, and Catie's boyfriend, Louie.
Christmas eve I had Sue, Paul, and their friend, Tucker, over for dinner.
Christmas Day I went over to Jen's later in the afternoon for dinner with her family.





 This is something I saw on Hunter's bedroom wall. He took a grill from a 1973 Chevy and put a few of his Hot Wheel collection cars in them.  Really cool looking!

The day after Christmas Mary and Andy with Jake and Poppy came over for the day and we had snacks at Jenni's and opened gifts.
 Solo cups that are lights. Wayne loved them
 A Lego set of the people on Friends.

                                                       Jake & Maddie at the food counter

 I sure enjoyed watching the antics of Poppy and Sammy.

 I think Sammy was more than happy to see everyone leave that day. Too much racket for him.

Mary Gaboury was flown home by her daughter, Kathleen, so she could attend the family get together at Hadlock and see her great grandson.
My to-do list for tomorrow is to write some thank you cards. Mary gave me a box of really neat ones that you can get at Costco and since Maddie gifted me 100 stamps, I decided I'd better make the effort.  Hunter also gave me practical gifts.  Since I'll be parking my car outside once I move to that senior apartment complex, I knew I might need an ice scraper for my windows in winter time. I've really been spoiled by having a garage the last 11 years and a carport for 4 or 5 years prior to that. He also bought me two spray on de-icer products.

Mary and Andy gave me my treasured Safeway gift card and I'll make that last for as long as possible.  One of the handiest gifts was this little shelf that attaches to flat screen tvs that Jenni found in a catalog

I got three jigsaw puzzles and I'm thrilled about that as I got rid of most of  my supply. I just finished one this afternoon that I had picked up at Goodwill.

I didn't have my wig on at Jenni's house yesterday and when I saw the dozen pictures of me I was reminded yet again that I had best get with the program and DIET!   I wonder how many people say that after the holidays. Tons of them I'm sure. No pun intended.  ha ha  I looked how I look, though, so it was a handy dandy motivation tool.  And my poor hair!  Oh lordy.  It continues to thin so I ran down to the beauty shop today and got a trim.  It was very necessary.

The only other thing on my list for tomorrow is to clean up the back storage room and pack away the Xmas decorations. I took everything down that I had set up so at least it's situated in one spot for me. I'll be going into Port Townsend on Jan. 19th for Ruth's funeral and will drop off some of Maddie's running t-shirts so her aunt Lill can work them into a quilt.

And that's it for now.  Hope the new year is kind of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment