Tuesday, December 17, 2019

One more week until Christmas Eve

I'm sitting here listening to old reruns of The Waltons. I've seen them all plenty of times but certain shows get to be on in my house year after year. Others include (when I can find them) Little House on the Prairie, Andy & Barney, Leave it to Beaver, The Honeymooners, Ozzie & Harriet, Gomer Pyle, and Gunsmoke.  Every once in a while I'll go to Youtube and see what other old shows are out there. Some interesting finds --Beulah, Beat the Clock, and others.  I really enjoy Youtube. Sometimes I set my laptop up while sitting in my recliner and I'll amuse myself watching videos. 

I didn't get too much accomplished today. It happens and I need to just go with it.  I made a trip to the library to check out what was for sale in the gift shop. They have really good prices and good merchandise too.  Not just books (many look brand new) but DVDs, CD, books on tape, jigsaw puzzles, and today there were several large gift baskets at half price. They have a sale every year that is well attended. Woman make up a huge room of baskets by theme. I've bought them in the past but didn't get one today. All my gifts are bought anyhow.  Couldn't find any magazines to interest me on the free bookshelf and while I looked over about 4 past copies of the Leader, none of them had much of interest.  Things change, I guess, and your hometown paper can be in that category.

I did get a small load of laundry done and mailed off a two-page letter. I guess that's something. Oh, and I sat down to read. I've got three by my recliner so I read a little of each one.  This was after I took an hour nap. No way can I read anymore without dropping off.  My circulation seems to be shot to hell lately. I had my little electric blanket over me (on high) and I was freezing. One of these days, my circulation is just plain gonna' shut down altogether while I'm in that nap phase and that'll be the end of me trying to keep busy around here. Course that's okay. Who doesn't want to die in their recliner or bed. That would suit me to a T.

I made a couple of small rice packs yesterday. I have about three larger ones but I needed something smaller for when some particular body part is hurting. Which is most of the time. As you know if you read my blogs. Ha!  My daughter just posted this on Facebook so I'm putting it in Jake's folder that I keep on my computer.
He's going to be six next Monday. Man, where did the time go. Bear with me while I be a gramma......


I was going to try and not sew until January but I was finding myself bored around here and decided it was silly to put myself on a schedule that made no sense.  I started piece sewing scraps of material together for another scrap quilt. I've managed to unload all the things I sewed or crafted this year so now I need to fill up the house with new stuff.  I also have a jigsaw puzzle set up. Moved the Xmas decorations I had on the card table over to  a large bin I turned upside down for a table. Found the puzzle at Goodwill and it looks like it was one from the library gift shop from the tag I saw on it.

I did a lot of baking of breads and cookies for gifts this year but I don't know how the breads tasted as I didn't keep any for myself. Hope to hell they cooked all the way through. They should have but I've had such on again, off again problems with my baking ability lately that my confidence has sunk a bit.  And the three kinds of cookies I made didn't impress me much either. They're okay but nothing to get excited about and I probably won't bother cooking next year.  I'm going to make up a pan of fudge day after tomorrow so I'll have some to give the kids and grandkids when I see them next week.

Catie and Louie are coming this Saturday so at least it will give me a photo opportunity to get something to share on my blog.  Maybe I'll head out and about around town tomorrow to see if I can't get some shots while out of my car and on foot. Thought I'd take one of the ice rink that sets up downtown in winter and maybe some other street shots.

I found a show on Netflix that held my interest for a few nights. It's only got 3 seasons I think and I'll be starting that third season tonight. Called Hap & Leonard. Okay. I guess that's enough boring talk for now. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow. Or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment