Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Tuesday Morning

 I've had a problem with insomnia lately. I just hate that! Last night I went to bed at 9 (very tired) and I was yawning up a storm. Must have been midnight when I finally gave it up. Got up to play solitaire online and watch videos. Until 1:30 when I thought "surely I will sleep now." And I guess I did. I'm going to try and cease taking daytime naps to see if that helps.

A funny story: my sister was telling me about her son who lives on a farm just outside of town.He heard a commotion in the middle of the night and saw a coyote running with one of his chickens in his mouth. He grabbed his gun and shot into the bushes across the field. Must have scared the coyote as he dropped the chicken and took off. At the same time, the chicken took off towards the barns. haha  Eddie went to inspect him and he (or she) seemed okay.

Another funny story: I was having a probem (again) with constipation. I asked Mary for a ducalax and since laxatives do a number on me, I cut it in half. Nothing much was happening so I took the other half.The next day I told Mary I thought I needed another as nothing was happening. She went to get the box and started laughing. Apparently the ducalax was suppositories, not pills. She thought it was hilarious that I didn't notice the packaging and the pointed tip. It was kind of dumb of me.

She's busy volunteering at the school most days this week. Kindergarten which she loves. She's only doing it for an hour today, though, so when she comes home she's taking me for a ride. I've already figured out where I want to go --Portland. I've written down a few addresses of places I want to see. Hoping to get pictures which I'll share tomorrow.

I have four postcards ready to mail out and then I'm going to work on a couple of quilt squares. Yesterday I had a video doctor appt. I sure do like them over having to drive in. She felt the mark on my arm (which has already disappeared) was a case of me hitting myself and not even realizing it. Next Tuesday I have an appointment with the hematologist. Then, hopefully, I'll be done with doctor appts for a while.

I've decided to spend a couple weeks at Jenni's in Port Angeles from Thanksgiving until Dec. 16 when Mary is going to Bremerton and can pick me up. Haven't decided yet if I'll take my car or let Jenni drive me around. I want to go into Port Townsend, to a beach, to the library, and a couple fast food places. Ha Ha Kind of looking forward to seeing old friends at Discovery View.

Mary is renting some kind of large truck for Jake's birthday next month. Not sure exactly what all is in it but it has games for kids to play. I'll get pictures, of course.

My latest watch on Netflix is a show called Mindhunter. About two FBI guys tracking serial killers.

Well, I guess I'll pull out my walker and take a hike to the mailboxes. I can walk around the apt fairly well without it but still need it when I go out ane about.

No comments:

Post a Comment