Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Wednesday afternoon

Today would have been my dad's birthday. Mary and Jenni have been discussing my lifestyle and I think they believe assisted living would be the way for me to go. I'm not sure yet as I'm thinking it might eat up my money. I'm fine with living part time at Jenni's and part time at Mary's but  I think we'll play it by ear for now. I'm comfortable at both places but I am terribly isolated here in Vancouver and I'de be able to travel to PT if I lived in Port Angeles . I looked over the assisted  living places in PT, PA, and Sequim and I think they pretty much all want around $3000 a month. I'm kind of hoping I can continue with living with my daughters until I REALLY need assisted living.

My first thing I need to do is get my damn knee replaced. I'll be a whole lot happier and it will be easier for me to navigate and take care of myself. I'm going to look into that this week. I just hope my low platelet count has risen enough for me to have the operation.

This week I've been spending a little time on three hobbies == paint by number set, my jigsaw puzzle, and my counted cross stitch kit. I woke up this morning and my knee was especially sore I did notice this afternoon when I took off my knee brace that I was feeling better. I thought that was odd.

I'm still coughing but it seems to come and go. I'll be fine for quite a while and then I'm choking and spitting up a storm. Wears you out. I've been taking Nyquil when I go to bed but that damn stuff gives you bad dreams. Weird dreams. I hated them.

I've started to downsize here in the apt. I've filled one large bin but have several more spots in the apt to go through. I did google assisted living places in PT PA and Sequim. One place in PT has already called me to schedule an appt. I'm going to have to look at my finances to see what might work.

And that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment