Saturday, February 24, 2024

Last Saturday of February

 I know I havent' been blogging much but then there's really not much to yak about. My days are all pretty much the same. Mary just took me to Walmart. I only need about four things. This week has been kind of tough. Went to the dentist two days in a row. The first day I got two cavities filled on top in front. She also fixed my broken front tooth that I broke 10 years ago when I fell. I wasn't expecting that so it was a nice surprise. The next day I went to have a cavity filled on the bottom and had a bad tooth pullled on the bottom of the other side of my mouth. Now I have a big gap where two teeth are missing. In a few months I'll go back and get a partial plate put in down there.  It took him a while to get that dang blasted tooth out. Mainly because there was so little of it for him to grab. It took him a while to get it out and that was not fun!  I had to have it done, though, or I couldn't get my knee surgery. Now I have to wait for my surgeon to tell me when I'm scheduled. Sure hope it's March and not April.

I am walking without the walker more now but still depend on it quite a bit. It gives me a stable feeling as I'm still limping and hurting quite a bit. I can hardly wait for this whole thing to be done. I'm especially looking forward to being able to go out walking.

Got my ballot in the mail today. I'll be voting just so I can not vote for the idiot.

Jake is going to a sleepover tonight. He's nervous about it. Mary and Andy are looking forward to watching a movie and eating takeout thai. Yesterday she bought KFC and man, was that ever good. First time I've had that in over a year.

She worked at the school yesterday and works again on Monday. Tues thru Thurs she'll be in Phoenix helping her friend, Candi, unpack and move into their new house. It's really something. Even has a pool.

My mouth is still sore but I'm dealing with it. I suspect I may have hurt my chest, shoulder and head as I've had some pain now and then. I'm not going to mention it however as I don't want my surgeon putting off my knee replacement.

I set up a jigsaw puzzle a few days ago but I'm having a hell of a time finding pieces so knowing me, I'll probably put it away if things don't improve.

Well, I guess I'll have a bowl of ice cream now. One of the few things I can eat without it hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment